All Special Presentations are recorded and indexed by topic here. You and your family members can review key programs together, or access ones you may have missed.
- Part 1 (April, 2021) Meditation 4x4x4 approach to stress management Breathing techniques to calmness Paula Butler, Wellness Manager and resident Dr. Jim David
- Part 2 (April, 2021) Paula Butler with Resident Dr Jim David More About 4x4x4 Meditation Program unique breathing technique that can help you to better manage your day-to-day stress.
- Part 3 (May 2021) Discussion of three different Riderwood resident groups on Meditation. Wellness Manager, Paula Butler invites leaders Terry Dowd, Jim David, Cathryn Brousseau to explain how meditation impacts the mind-body connection to enhance well-being and a sense of connection to others in compassion. (28 minutes)
Living Well With an Assist
- Living Well with An Assist, Part 1 (October 12, 2021) AT Consultant Mark Surabian discusses the technology available on your smart phone or device.
- Living Well with an Assist, Part 2 of 3 (October 18, 2021) The Riderwood staff from outpatient rehabilitation, home health, occupational therapy, and resident services/social work will provide an idea of the professional assistive technology help that is available to residents here at Riderwood.
- Living Well with an Assist, Part 3 of 3 (October 25, 2021) All about accessibility devices that Riderwood residents use every day in their homes.
Brain Health Series
- Part 1 Physical Fitness & YouBrain (April 22, 2021) Paula Butler, Wellness Manager discusses the link between regular exercise and brain health.
- Part 2 Diet The Brain (Thursday, April 29, 2021) Michelle Ferguson SW and Jessica Forney Registered Dietician from Arbor Ridge at Riderwood Nutrition Based measures to improve brain health and prevent Alzheimer’s (45 minutes)
- Part 3 The Plastic Brain (Thursday, May 6, 2021) Michelle Ferguson talks to Speech Therapist Rebecca Kropp about engaging in brain exercises to maintain brain health.
- Part 4 Stress & The Brain (Thursday, May 13, 2021) Resident Services Coordinator Michelle Ferguson talks to Resident Services Manager Ellen Lebedow about the impact of stress on the brain.
National Healthcare Decision Day
- National Healthcare Decisions Day (April 16, 2021) – a time to make healthcare-related wishes known. On the Riderwood Administrative Updates (Gary Hobbs show), Advance Directives for healthcare vs the MOLST was discussed by Ellen Lebedow, Manager of Resident Services and Mina Wuchenich Resident Co-Chair of Caring Connections. Also, Linda Wanner, Resident Advisory Council and RAC Communications Officer Elenora Giddings Ivory recap the groups meeting from April 13, 2021.
Science & Technology Lecture Series
- Age Related Hearing Loss Science & Technology Lecture Series – Golden Years, Golden Ears: The Challenges of Age-Related Hearing Loss (April 4, 2021) Presented by Sandra Gordon-Salant of the University of Maryland’s Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences (80 minutes)
Riderwood Healthcare Presentations
- Understanding Your Choices for Medical Treatment in Maryland – June 15, 2022 Riderwood’s Dr. Andrew Kundrat and Maryland Assistant Attorney General Paul Ballard answer questions regarding end-of-life medical treatment, including details on MOLST forms and Advance Care Directives.
- A History of Vaccines from Smallpox to COVID-19 – January, 2022 presented by Victoria A. Harden
- Everything You Wanted to Know about Dental
…But were afraid to ask.
Presented by Dr. Douglas Drewyer, D.D.S. on September 20, 2019
- Health Insurance for Seniors and the Disabled: Past, Present, and Future
Presented by Riderwood resident Sid Lindenberg on June 21, 2019.
- Counteracting the Stigma of Depression
Presented on May 17, 2019.
- Facts and Myths about Organ Donation
Presented by the African American History Club on April 12, 2019.
- Bone Health & Balance
Presented by Dr. Robert J. Ginsberg on March 15, 2019
- Advance Care Planning – It’s Too Early Until it’s Too Late
Presented by M. Jane Markley, RN, FACHE on March 5, 2019.
- Neurocognitive Disorders: Dementia
Presented by Dr. Guillermo Olivos on February 15, 2019
- Bladder Health: Taking Control of your Issues
Presented by Dr. Kathleen Sterling on January 18, 2019.
- The American Red CrossResidents
Chuck and Marge Pulfrey highlight their 8 years of volunteering for the American Red Cross’s Disaster Relief Teams. Presented on November 16, 2018.
- When A Resident Needs More Care: Steps from A-Z
Presented by Resident Services on September 14, 2018, featuring staff from rehab, the medical center, Intermissions, home health and support, and Arbor Ridge, this panel provided information for caregivers about options available when residents are in need of a higher level of care.
- Acupuncture: The Path to Wellness
Presented by Sue Berman, Licensed Acupuncturist, on May 18, 2018.
- Military Preventative Medicine
Presented by Sharon Ludwig, CAPT, on April 20, 2018.
- Advanced Parkinson’s Disease Treatments
Presented by Dr. Ruwani Gunawardane on March 16, 2018
- Robotic Surgery
Presented by Stacey G. Koff, MD on October 20, 2017
- “Understanding Memory Care” with Cara Skrypchuk, October 6, 2021. Helpful Hints for Dementia aregivers and Dementia Denial
- Terry Dowd, a Riderwood resident, discusses the use of Advanced Directives in the case of dementia or progressive brain diseases., June 2019