Our Mission: Educating ourselves, other residents, caregivers and staff on the processes and benefits of recycling. We work to keep materials that can be transformed into useful objects out of landfills and other trash depositories.
Meetings: We meet monthly on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 11a.m. in the TNC Media Center. The committee currently consists of ten resident members and two staff members from the General Services Department.
- Development, distribution, and updating of flyers describing items that can be recycled. (Recycle Flyer).
- Periodic displays of materials that can be recycled and those that cannot, near each of the four restaurants.
- Support for Riderwood’s quarterly Electronic Recycling Collections.
- Presentation/demonstration at Earth Day celebration.
- Informative articles in the REPORTER.
- Yearly accounting of the volume of materials recycled at Riderwood.
RiderwoodLife Help with Recycling — Information about where and how to recycle at Riderwood.
YouTube Recycling Center video — Shown at the Earth Festival Lecture, April 30, 2022.