Explore the VSQ Library Collection
The Village Square Library collection includes books as well as audio CDs and DVDs. Visit the library in person or on the web to view holdings from the convenience of your home. There one can determine if the item of interest is in the library’s collection, which includes over 5,000 books. Visit the online database of holdings at Colectorz.com –.
- Click on the purple Book Collection band at the top.
- The online database for VSQ Library holdings appears.
- Use the various tools to find books of interest.
- Searching for a specific title? Search on Title, not author as an author search may not find all books in holdings by a particular author.
- Books and other media, CDs, including music CDs) are listed in the database. They are not listed separately. Note that some titles are available in different formats.
- Finding a holding in the database does not imply that it is on a shelf – it could be out on loan.
Additions to Holdings
Great Books of the Western World
Details About Additions to Holdings
- To find new books being added to the VSQ Library, stop in and browse those featured in the windows.
- Additions to the library are announce periodically on Chatterwood.
- Free items are available from time-to-time on the table in the front of the library — mainly duplicates and never-borrowed fiction.
Donate / Volunteer
For more information about donating books, volunteering for the Library or other matters, contact Paula Hurwitz, Librarian for the VSQ Library. Residents may contact Paula at
A volunteer enters info into a database for the library’s online catalog. She’s using a donated laptop upgraded by other volunteers to make it capable of using up-to-date software.
The VSQ Library accepts these books and media:
- Large-print books
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Resident authors
- Fiction published in last three years — paperback or hard cover
- Older fiction: at discretion of the librarian
- Non-fiction misc.: at discretion of the librarian
- DVDs & Audio CDs: at discretion of the librarian
The library does not accept:
- Oversize books
- Multi-volume books
- Foreign language books
- Reference books
- Travel guides
- VHS and audio tapes
- Computer software
- Manuals for electronic devices
The library sometimes receives donations of books already in its collection. These and other books appear on a FREE BOOKS table — free for the taking.