- Age of fraud: Are seniors more vulnerable to financial scams
This is a beginning level article and podcast from Marketplace on NPR
- New Rules Battle Financial Abuse by Mary Kane in the April 2019 Kiplinger’s Retirement Report
- On November 7, 2019 the Elder Law Professor blog wrote on Scams & Older Adults: The picture Isn’t Pretty
- Creating a Budget basics on credit cards, budgets, banking, money management (Bank of America with minimal ads)
- Will you run out of money in retirement? This commercial retirement savings software was recommended by one of our Riderwood residents. With is you can test out various assumptions. It has a free trial version and then a cost for regular use. It helps you predict income ( Social Security, Pensions, Defined Benefits, other cash infusions), special expenses and unlimited Investments including tax-deferred, tax-free and taxable. This retirement planning program will help you create plans for those already retired. Takes account of taxes or all of the life events that will dramatically affect your retirement picture.
- Strategies for Staying Safe and Secure Online — Tips and advice excerpted from AARP’s book ‘My Online Privacy for Seniors‘, which may be purchased online from AARP.
- Advice for Adult Children about Financial Issues
- FAI – Aging Parents E-Book Part 1
- FAI – Aging Parents E-Book Part 2
- FAI – Aging Parents E-Book Part 3
- Financial FAQ Brochure. This brochure answers the most frequently asked questions about Riderwood.
- 3 Financial Tracking Tables – Coaching and tools for novices to manage cash flow and track expenses/income. This is a MS Word file that is automatically downloaded and which contains three tracking tables for your personal use.
- Financial ToDos When Someone Dies
- FAI – Financial Steps When a Loved One Passes Away
- End of Life Plannng – Riderwood presentation on its procedures for when a Resident Passes Away. Representatives from Riderwood Security, Social Work, Pastoral Ministries, and Finance discuss how Riderwood assists families at the time of a residents passing, including expert advice from Lynn Loughline Skerpon, Esq., Register of Wills in Prince George’s County.
- Long Term Care Insurance by Ellen Davis with Ellen Lebedow, Resident Services Manager at RWV as Moderator. Recorded 11-10-20. One hour 17 minutes. (Ellen Davis is an Insurance Executive who calls herself an Insurance Geek!)