Riderwood Presentations on Living Well with an Assist
- Living Well with an Assist, Part 1 (October 12, 2021) AT Consultant Mark Surabian discusses the technology available on your smart phone or device. He recommends the following Assistive Technology websites.
- Living Well with an Assist, Part 2 of 3 (October 18, 2021) The Riderwood staff from outpatient rehabilitation, home health, occupational therapy, and resident services/social work will provide an idea of the professional assistive technology help that is available to residents here at Riderwood.
- Living Well with an Assist, Part 3 of 3 (October 25, 2021) All about accessibility devices that Riderwood residents use every day in their homes.
Accessibility and Adaptive Technology Devices
Other assistive technology websites
- Aging In Place Technology Watch — This has an email List Serve and a blog for “Aging in Place Technology Watch”. It’s a really good analysis of assets and problems of tech for aging population. One point getting people to start using, but then simplifying the devices so seniors can keep using them as other venues for information dry up. With confusion setting in for us all in aging process, tech answers with constant updates and notifications just adds to the confusion.
- Digital home-health solutions targeting seniors — American Well is partnering with Cisco Systems to deliver care through home television sets, enabling them to reach patients who may not be comfortable using tablets or other devices