3-D Aerial View
- Aerial 3-D image of Riderwood Village from Google Earth Pro.
- Download / view full-size.
- Another 3-D aerial view
- Google Earth Pro enables neat options to :play” with a satellite view of Riderwood – rotate, zoom, change perspective; wait a moment for the map to load. View striking images of Riderwood Village.
- Note: Some aerial views are not up-to-date. For example, Google Earth Pro views do not include the more recently opened Wellness Center.
Erickson’s Map of Riderwood
Erickson Living map showing neighborhoods, buildings, etc.
Click (PDF) to download.
Facility Locator Directory
Download a text table of the above listing of facilities in each neighborhood (PDF)
Schematic – Elevators, Bus Stops, Etc.
View full-sized — find locations for local bus stops, elevators, elevation
(floor level) for links between buildings
This map, derived from the “Schematic” map, above, was created to show how “club houses” and residential buildings are grouped; it was simplified for easier viewing. Full-sized version.
Aerial View Showing County Line
Where’s the Line Drawn?
- The position of the P.G. – Mont. Co. line is labeled on the window sill in the link between the Chapel and Village Square community. (Updated 6/2/22.)
“Vintage” Map by Wray
This 2012 vintage map was made by former Riderwood resident, Wray. This version, contributed by a resident, was updated in 2013, evidently after the renaming of the extended care facility to Arbor Ridge. Newer structures completed since the map was drawn, notably, the “Wellness Center,” and other changes are not on this map, View Full-size. Touch F-11 to toggle to full-screen view in many browsers.
Walking Map – Nearby Park
Driving to Riderwood
Riderwood is conveniently located in Silver Spring, about a mile from the intersection of
Cherry Hill Road and Route 29 (Columbia Pike).
- From Montgomery County region: Take Randolph Road east. (When you cross Route 29, Randolph Road becomes Cherry Hill Road. At the third traffic light on Cherry Hill Road, make a left on Plum Orchard Drive. (The Orchard Center Shopping Center will be to the right.) The end of Plum Orchard Drive leads directly into the main entrance to Riderwood.
- From College Park: Take Route 1 North. Turn left onto Cherry Hill Road. Go to the third traffic light. Turn right onto Plum Orchard Drive. Continue onto the main drive into Riderwood.
- From Silver Spring (to the south: Take Colesville Road (Route 29) north. Make a right onto Cherry Hill Road. Follow above directions onto the main entrance drive
- From Interstate 95 (north of the Beltway): Take Exit 29-B, Route 212 / Powder Mill Road and head west 1.3 mi toward Calverton. Turn right onto Cherry Hill Road, and drive 0.8 mile. Turn right onto Gracefield Road. At the stop sign, turn right onto the main entrance drive and proceed to the main gate.
- From the East, South East and I-95, a GPS device may direct visitors to the “back gate” / Gate 2.
- Upon arrival at a gatehouse, advise the attendant of the name, bldg., for the resident bldg. to be visited. Ask for directions and/or refer to above maps. The attendant will issue a visitor parking pass.
- Schematics showing floor plan for Arbor Ridge: View / Download (PDF).
- The images are NOT in order of floor, ground floor to top floor!
- First image is for Second Floor
- Second floor connects directly to Orchard Point and the rest of independent living bldgs. via a sky link.
Understanding Addresses at Riderwood
All of the Independent Living buildings look alike. Plus, there’s Arbor Ridge! Each resident building has a street address.
- A table listing Building Names and corresponding street addresses.
- Hints about navigating the Village.
- Hints about proper mailing addresses.
- Go to Street Addresses at Riderwood to see this info.