- Terry Dowd, a Riderwood resident, discusses the use of Advanced Directives in the case of dementia or progressive brain diseases., June 2019
- Dementia Directive for Care: Directions to my health care agent about decisions for my care if I cannot make decisions and my condition is unlikely to change. (Word document to be filled out.)
- Directions to my health care agent about ending my life in the event that I cannot make decisions. (Word document to be filled out.)
- Washington Post article on Advanced Directives for Dementia – January 18, 2020
- Everything You Wanted to Know about Dental
…But were afraid to ask.
Presented by Dr. Douglas Drewyer, D.D.S. on September 20, 2019
- Health Insurance for Seniors and the Disabled: Past, Present, and Future
Presented by Riderwood resident Sid Lindenberg on June 21, 2019.
- Counteracting the Stigma of Depression
Presented on May 17, 2019.
- Facts and Myths about Organ Donation
Presented by the African American History Club on April 12, 2019.
- Bone Health & Balance
Presented by Dr. Robert J. Ginsberg on March 15, 2019
- Advance Care Planning – It’s Too Early Until it’s Too Late
Presented by M. Jane Markley, RN, FACHE on March 5, 2019.
- Neurocognitive Disorders: Dementia
Presented by Dr. Guillermo Olivos on February 15, 2019
- Bladder Health: Taking Control of your Issues
Presented by Dr. Kathleen Sterling on January 18, 2019.
- The American Red CrossResidents
Chuck and Marge Pulfrey highlight their 8 years of volunteering for the American Red Cross’s Disaster Relief Teams. Presented on November 16, 2018.
- When A Resident Needs More Care: Steps from A-Z
Presented by Resident Services on September 14, 2018, featuring staff from rehab, the medical center, Intermissions, home health and support, and Arbor Ridge, this panel provided information for caregivers about options available when residents are in need of a higher level of care.
- Acupuncture: The Path to Wellness
Presented by Sue Berman, Licensed Acupuncturist, on May 18, 2018.
- Military Preventative Medicine
Presented by Sharon Ludwig, CAPT, on April 20, 2018.
- Advanced Parkinson’s Disease Treatments
Presented by Dr. Ruwani Gunawardane on March 16, 2018
- Robotic Surgery
Presented by Stacey G. Koff, MD on October 20, 2017
- A History of Vaccines from Smallpox to COVID-19 – January, 2022 presented by Victoria A. Harden