Registering for Navigating As We Age: Changes & Choices
The Caring Connections Committee sponsors this 12-session course in the Spring and Fall. Each session is 2 ½ hours on Wednesdays from 9:30 to noon, with a break halfway through the morning. The Fall 2022 schedule:
*August 31: one hour optional pre-course class on Word features
September 7, 14, 21, 28
October 12, 19, 26
November 2, 9, 16, 30
Before Registering: Explore the Navigating As We Age course on the Caring Connections Website
We urge that, before you commit to registering for the Navigating As We Age course, you explore various aspects of the course, including Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), the course binder and key documents, including the Life Ledger on the Navigating Course page.
While on our website, you can sign up for our Caring Connections list serve to be informed about events sponsored by Caring Connections or other groups related to our mission. Whether or not you take the Navigating course, consider completing the Life Ledger and sharing it with your loved ones and Personal Representative(s). In fact, encourage family members to do the same.
Prerequisites for taking this course:
- Computer literacy
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer
- Commitment to doing the homework, actively engaging in course activities and completing the course
- Paying $50 to cover the cost of materials
The * optional one-hour pre-course class on Wednesday August 31 from 10-11 a.m. will offer instruction in the use of Tables and other features in Word that will enhance your comfort with the Life Ledger, a major product of the course. If you are interested in taking this optional class, please check the relevant box on the registration form.
- One day only, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday August 17, 2022
- All applications are time-stamped.
- Registration is limited to 20 residents in the order of receipt.
- While you may view the form beforehand, do not attempt to register before 9 a.m.
- Caring Connections will wait list everyone after the 21st application in the event that an accepted registrant drops out
- Note to Couples: To broaden access to more resident households, we ask that couples decide which person should register. If both members of a couple register, the first application received will be considered. The second member will be 1) accepted if there is space or 2) be wait listed in the order of receipt. However, the second spousse is welcome to attend the optional pre-course class on Wednesday August 31. Also, while only one person can register for the course, the other person may substitute for the registered person if the registered person is unable to attend.
- All applicants can expect to receive a phone call regarding their admission status no later than Friday August 19.
Contact with questions, preferable by email:
Co-chair: Suzan Wynne email@example.com or call 240 560-7767