Riderwood Democratic Club
2022 Primary and General Elections
- New Deadline to Register to Vote: July 28.
- NDeadline for Mail-In Ballot Applications: July 12.
- Primary Election: July 19, 2022, 7 am until 8 pm (postponed from June 28)
- Early Voting: New dates: Thursday, July through Thursday, July, 2022, from 7 am until 8 pm.
- General Election: November 8, 2022, 7 am until 8 pm
- Early Voting: Thursday, October 27, through Thursday, November 3, 2022 from 7 am until 8 pm.
Mail-In and Absentee Ballots
Absentee ballots are now known as mail-in ballots. One application for a Mail-In Ballot covers both the Primary and General Elections. It is not necessary to apply for both separately.
Any Maryland registered voter may vote by mail-in ballot. You don’t need a reason to vote by mail-in ballot. It’s just another way to vote if you don’t want to or can’t go to an early voting center or your polling place.
If you do not know if you are registered to vote, use Voter Look-up to find out. If you are not registered to vote, find out how to register to vote here.
If you request a mail-in ballot for one or all future elections, and you later move or change your mailing address or contact information, you will need to update that information here or contact your local board of elections to update your records.
If you change your mind and decide you want to vote in person instead of getting a mail-in ballot you need to update that information here or contact your local board of elections to update your records.
If you want to get a mail-in ballot for all future elections, you can sign up for the permanent mail-in ballot list when you request a mail-in ballot. Once you are on this list, you will be sent your mail-in ballot for each future election that you are eligible to vote in. You won’t have to submit a request for each election.
There are three ways to apply for a Mail-In Ballot:
- Online: if you have a Maryland driver’s license or MVA-issued ID card, you can fill out the application online and submit it. You will have the option of receiving your ballot mail or being notified when it is available and downloading the ballot and return envelope. If you want to receive your ballot via the Internet, your request must be received by 5pm, Friday, June 24, 2022 for a request sent in the mail, or by 11:59 pm, Friday, June 24, 2022 for a request sent by fax or submitted online.
- Download the form:
- These are the forms you can download:
- Read the instructions, enter the required information, print the form, sign it, and return it to your local board of elections. You can return it by mail, fax, or email (scanned as an attachment).
- Note: The Board of Elections recommends that you download and fill out the form in Adobe Acrobat or any other PDF reader, if you can’t type your information directly into the form. Some browsers don’t do this as well as other browsers. To download the form, click the form link and then right-click on the form. Select “Save as” to save it to your computer. You can also print the form and write in your information. If you want to receive your ballot by mail or fax, your request must be received (not just mailed) by Tuesday, June 21, 2022.
- Pick Up the Form:
- Go to your local Board of Elections, pick up the form, fill it out and turn it in.
- Locations of Local Boards of Elections for Riderwood Residents:
18753-210 N. Frederick Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20879-3121
Prince George’s County
1100 Mercantile Lane, Suite 115A
Largo, MD 20774
Checking on the Status of your Application
To check on the status of your mail-in ballot application, go to Voter Look-up.
Returning your Ballot:
Using the envelope provided with your Mail-In Ballot, you can
- Mail your ballot: if you mail your voted ballot, make sure that the envelope is postmarked on or before election day. In addition, your voted ballot must be received by your local board of elections by 10 am on July 8, 2022 for the Primary Election or 10 am on November 18 for the General Election.
- Seal your ballot in your ballot envelope and drop it in a ballot drop off box. The list of ballot drop off boxes for the primary election will be listed on the Board of Elections web site and here, when it is available.
Polling Places and Drop Boxes
For the 2020 Election, there was a ballot drop off box in each Riderwood Clubhouse. In earlier elections, at Riderwood, there was a polling place for Montgomery County and another for Princes George’s County. There were also buses to early voting locations. Information for this election is not yet available. When it is available, it will be posted here.
For more information: Board of Elections
Updated February 26, 2022