Arbor Ridge Volunteers are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for the residents at Arbor Ridge Continuing Care. If you would like join the group and volunteer time to serve these residents, we will find an activity that will be compatible with your interests. There are individual activities as well as group activities. These are suggestions that you might consider.
- Visiting, reading, listening to music
- Writing letters, playing games
- Escort to campus events in Renaissance Gardens and/or in independent living
- Hand massage — Training available by Judy Nicklason (See the Riderwood Resident Directory, available at your front desk or online a MyErickson.)
- Leading a support group to share life stories
- Playing an instrument individually or with a group of other musicians for the residents
- Reading stories, poetry, or newspaper to a group
- Singing with a group
- Playing word games or board games
- Making puzzles with a small group
- Knitting with a small group
- Making simple crafts
- Happy Hour and Birthday Socials
- Bingo Callers
We will welcome you and will answer any questions you might have. Please contact your neighborhood’s Community Resources Coordinator for our application form.