This course brings peace of mind to both residents and their family members. Peace of Mind comes from making informed choices about the myriad of options for the decisions involved in aging. It was developed because of a resident’s need for practical guidance and information.
The decisions focus on three areas: Legal, Financial and Health issues. Please see the FAQs below.
The next course will be Spring, 2023. This 12-class, practical course will promote Peace of Mind as you explore, understand, and document your ongoing legal, financial & health options. Registration for the course will be in mid-February.
Frequently Asked Questions about the course, Navigating As We Age.
Registering for Navigating As We Age: Changes & Choices: Information on registering will be posted on Sunday, February 12 for review. The following day, will be the one day registration beginning at 9:00am and ending at 5:00pm. Space for 20 residents will fill quickly. Those admitted will be notified the next day.
Binder for Class (2022 edition) Note — this is the binder for the course and is a large, 400 page PDF file.
- Overview and Life Ledger
- Bridges and Connections – Resident Service Coordinators/Social Workers
- Legal (will, trusts, titling assets, etc.)
- Finance 1 (Powers of Attorney, insurance)
- Finance 2 at Riderwood (Resource Assurance)
- Maintaining Health at Riderwood (physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual)
- Emergencies Happen!
- Challenges of Aging
- Continuum of Care at Riderwood
- Planning a Graceful Exit
- When We Can’t Do It Alone