The Navigating As We Age: Changes and Choices course brings peace of mind to both residents and their family members. Peace of Mind comes from making informed choices about the myriad of options for the decisions involved in aging. It was developed because of a resident’s need for practical guidance and information.
The decisions focus on three areas: Legal, Financial and Health issues. Please see the FAQs below.
The next course will be on Wednesdays starting September 7th. and running through December 7th with an optional pre-course meeting on Autust 31st. This 12-class, practical course will promote Peace of Mind as you explore, understand, and document your ongoing legal, financial & health options. Registration for the course will be on August 17 starting at 9am
Frequently Asked Questions about the course, Navigating As We Age.
Binder for Class (2022 edition) Note — this is the binder for the course and is a large, 400 page PDF file.
- Overview and Life Ledger
- Bridges and Connections – Resident Service Coordinators/Social Workers
- Legal (will, trusts, titling assets, etc.)
- Finance 1 (Powers of Attorney, insurance)
- Finance 2 at Riderwood (Resource Assurance)
- Maintaining Health at Riderwood (physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual)
- Emergencies Happen!
- Challenges of Aging
- Continuum of Care at Riderwood
- Planning a Graceful Exit
- When We Can’t Do It Alone