This course brings peace of mind to both residents and their family members. Peace of Mind comes from making informed choices about the myriad of options for the decisions involved in aging. It was developed because of a resident’s need for practical guidance and information.
The decisions focus on three areas: Legal, Financial and Health issues. Please see the FAQs below.
The next course will be Spring, 2024. This 12-class, practical course will promote Peace of Mind as you explore, understand, and document your ongoing legal, financial & health options. Registration for the course will be in mid-February.
Frequently Asked Questions about the course, Navigating As We Age.
Registration for Navigating As We Age: Changes & Choices: Registration for the fall 2023 term has closed.
- You will be provided links to the Life Ledger and the class binder at the first class.
- Overview and Life Ledger
- Bridges and Connections – Resident Service Coordinators/Social Workers
- Legal (will, trusts, titling assets, etc.)
- Finance 1 (Powers of Attorney, insurance)
- Finance 2 at Riderwood (Resource Assurance)
- Maintaining Health at Riderwood (physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual)
- Emergencies Happen!
- Challenges of Aging
- Continuum of Care at Riderwood
- Planning a Graceful Exit
- When We Can’t Do It Alone