Caring Connections is a collaboration between Riderwood Resident Services (Social Workers) and the Continuing Education Committee, plus other interested residents. The 12-week Navigating as We Age course is the primary focus, but the committee also sponsors other events and maintains online resources for use by Riderwood residents.
SCROLL down for current Caring Connections News, an Overview of the Caring Connection web pages, and video Testimonials.
Registration for the Spring 2022 Navigating as We Age course has closed. The next course will be in the fall of 2022. This 12-class, practical course will promote Peace of Mind as you explore, understand, and document your ongoing legal, financial & health options.
Each major component of Caring Connections is accessible using the BUTTONS in the top header. Here’s a description of the content for each button.
- The Course — Navigating as We Age: Changes & Choices is an ongoing, in-person, comprehensive series of classes for a small group of residents. The series lasts 12 weeks with a 2 1⁄2 hour class each week.
- Key Documents — Here are the major documents from the course curriculum, so you can view and download them separately.
- Resource Libraries — Caring Connections has a large collection of links to online materials and also a reference section in the Village Square Library at Riderwood.
- For Families — This section is for family members, with information about Riderwood services and checklists for major transitions.
- Video Talks — Caring Connections offers periodic special presentations by expert speakers for the entire Riderwood community. All presentations are recorded and indexed here by topic.
- Who We Are — The Caring Connections Committee is an active group of residents and staff whose primary mission is to educate residents of the many different transitions and decisions as we age, in advance of need.
- Email Group — Join the email group to be notified of upcoming events or the next Navigating as We Age class at Riderwood.
Riderwood TV has provided short interviews with Caring Connections participants and family members.
- Mina Wuchenich – Founding Co-Chair of Caring Connections – Overview
- Angus MacInnes – Past participant – Navigating as We Age Course
- Jackie Nichols – Past Participant – Navigating Course and family conversations
- Sharon Flank – Family member – Perspective on education and engagement at Riderwood Village.