Caring Connections is a collaboration between Riderwood residents, Riderwood’s Resident Services Department (Social Workers) and the Continuing Education Committee. The mission of Caring Connections is to foster Peace of Mind among Riderwood residents as we move through the aging process.
The Committee’s development of a 12-week, 30-hour course, “Navigating As We Age: Changes and Choices,” has generated a new course on financial security and a series of mini-courses and single programs based on core elements of that course. The programs are designed to: inform and support resident transitions and decisions about how we want to spend the rest of our lives; select spokesman for our wishes; and communicate those wishes to those spokesmen. See below for information and links to upcoming courses and programs.
New Courses and Single Programs
- Medical Emergencies at Riderwood: What You Need to Know
Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 10-11:30 a.m. in the Chesapeake Room, Lower Level, Montgomery Station.
- Financial Security: Money Management as We Age
Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 10-11:30 a.m. in the Chesapeake Room, Lower Level, Montgomery Station
- Solo-Aging: Affinity Group Meeting
Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 10 a.m. in the Chesapeake Room, Lower Level, Montgomery Station
- Anticipating Emergencies
Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 10 a.m. in the Chesapeake Room, Lower Level, Montgomery Station
- Navigating As we Age: Changes and Choices
The next course will be offered in Spring, 2023.
Each major component of Caring Connections is accessible using the BUTTONS in the top header. Here’s a description of the contents and a link for each button.
- Events and Courses — All of our courses and events are described.
- Key Documents — Here are the major documents from the course curriculum, so you can view and download them separately.
- Resource Libraries — Caring Connections has a large collection of links to online materials and also a reference section in the Village Square Library at Riderwood.
- For Families — This section is for family members, with information about Riderwood services and checklists for major transitions.
- Video Talks — Caring Connections offers periodic special presentations by expert speakers for the entire Riderwood community. All presentations are recorded and indexed here by topic.
- Who We Are — The Caring Connections Committee is an active group of residents and staff whose primary mission is to educate residents of the many different transitions and decisions as we age, in advance of need.
Riderwood TV has provided short interviews with Caring Connections participants and family members.
- Mina Wuchenich – Founding Co-Chair of Caring Connections – Overview
- Angus MacInnes – Past participant – Navigating as We Age Course
- Jackie Nichols – Past Participant – Navigating Course and family conversations
- Sharon Flank – Family member – Perspective on education and engagement at Riderwood Village.