Login to WordPress As Admin
Login to RiderwoodLife.com as an Admin to gain access to Writer and other roles by going to:
- In most cases, an Administrator will have sent an invitation to the new Writer’s email address with instructions on how to join.
- Taking over a page? New writer? To join the writing team, send a message to
email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Already a WordPress user? Advice the admin to enable using it for RiderwoodLife.com. Needed: User Name and Password for existing account. If forgotten, try logging in to WordPress and resetting the password.
After going to RiderwoodLife.com/wp-admin, a login screen opens. Enter your username.
Then, enter your password. There is also a button to click if your password is lost. Click it and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Jan 2022
- The advice given on this page was prepared and intended for use with the Classic Editor.
- Some of this content may not be applicable to editing with the Gutenberg (block) editor but some of the knowledge gained will be useful when using Gutenberg.
- Refer to Gutenberg Block Editor – First Steps
- We advise to NOT convert pages editted with Classic to Block unless they are very simple. In our experience, it’s better to start over!
After logging in, a screen with a list of pages appears.
Hover over a page name:
- Available actions appear: Edit | Copy | Trash | View
- Choose Edit to edit / revise a page.
- Note that a NEW PAGE can also be created on this screen.
- IF the view doesn’t look like that above, read about OOPs – Weird Opening Screen.
- Choosing Edit opens a page for editing.
Logging Out – Latest Version (2022)
The “look” of logout screens changed with updates to WordPress. If the window is relatively small or the black / left menu is collapsed, the logout icon becomes hard to find. So:
1. Select “Profile” by clicking on the person icon, top left in the black border.
2. Click on the non-descript logout icon. This icon may appear differently depending on whether the left / black menu is collapsed or expanded.
3. Be sure to read the next section.
Logging Out – Older Options
- Make sure edits have been saved before logging out!
- The logout screen is access by clicking on a Writer’s personal Avatar in the upper right corner of one’s screen.
- IF using the Guttenberg editor, one must SAVE or UPDATE before logging out. Click on the green square, upper left corner of the screen, to access the logout screen.
This reveals the logout screen.
Click on Log Out to quit a session.
Don’t Log Back In w/ Generic WP Page
IF a generic WordPress screen appears after logging out. Do NOT use it to log back in.
Always login using the link, riderwoodlife.com/wp-admin.
- Tips for Writers of RiderwoodLife – The top-level entry page for many more essentialTips.
OOPs – Weird Opening Screen
Sometimes, upon logging in, the expected Pages editing screen does not appear. For example, like this:
- On the left, black menu bar, look for the blue expand / collapse icon.
- Click it to expand the menu bar.
- Hover over the Pages icon. All Pages appears. Click All Pages.
The list of files available to edit appears:
To get a list of files and initiate editing, first, hover over the blue, Collapse menu icon in the in the left menu bar.